Skip to main content

In recognition of the COVID-19 Pandemic and in compliance with various state and local orders, including Emergency Orders from the Supreme Court of Texas, the Travis County Civil and Family Courts are primarily operating on a remote basis. While courts continue to hold hearings and bench trials remotely, jury trials have been postponed until such time as they may be resumed safely. Please read the emergency orders related to COVID-19 or contact Court Administration for more information.

Child support and medical support payments should be paid according to your court order in regards to the due date and the place of payment. All child support payments should go to the State Disbursement Unit (SDU). Please send these types of payments to:

Texas State Disbursement Unit
PO Box 659791
San Antonio, Texas 78265-9791

If child support payments are not paid on time they begin to accrue interest.

NEW! Medical Expenses Itemization Sheet

To calculate child support, use one of the following calculators:

Automatic Child Support Enforcement

To apply for automatic child support enforcement, click here to complete the Record of Support Order Form.

Submit the form:

  • In Person - in our office located at 1010 Lavaca Street, Austin, TX 78701.
    • Hours of Operation: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday
  • By Mail - Mail the completed form to the Domestic Relations Office, P.O. 1495, Austin, TX 78767.
  • Email -

Receiving Payments

You must have a court order from a divorce, a paternity establishment or other family litigation before you can receive child and medical support. If you have a Travis County court order and you are not receiving your child and/or medical support, and:

  • The date on your original order is before 7/1/09, you can apply for Enforcement Services with Domestic Relations.
  • The date on your original order is after 7/1/09, your order is automatically being monitored by Domestic Relations. If it goes delinquent it will be automatically enforced by Domestic Relations.

How long does it take to receive a payment from the State Disbursement Unit or Domestic Relations?

All Travis County child and medical support payments are now processed through the State Disbursement Unit (SDU) in San Antonio. It generally takes 5 to 7 business days for you to receive your payment by mail from the time it is received by the State Disbursement Unit. Direct deposit takes 3 to 5 business days. If you want direct deposit services with the SDU, please use the Direct Deposit form on the Texas Attorney General web site.

If you did not receive a payment that was mailed to you or was supposed to be direct deposited into your bank account, you can call DRO at (512) 854-9696 and we will research the problem for you. You may also call the SDU directly at (800) 252-8014.

When a spousal support or fee payment is received by the Domestic Relations Office, the payment is posted that day or the next business day, and is mailed to the custodial parent or the County Treasurer the following business day.

If your payment was mailed to you and you did not receive it, the bank requires Domestic Relations to wait 10 working days before stopping payment and reissuing the check.

If you receive a child support payment that does not belong to you, call our office immediately at (512) 854-9696 or call the SDU at (800) 252-8014 and return the check. We will work to solve the problem for you as quickly as possible.

Making Payments

Spousal support and fees should be sent to the Domestic Relations Office:


Travis County Domestic Relations Office
PO Box 1495
Austin, Texas 78767

In Person:

1010 Lavaca
(drive through window or pay in the lobby)
Austin, Texas 78701
Child support and medical support payments must be made to the State Disbursement Unit. Make sure to include identifying information for prompt processing (this includes OAG number or cause number).


Texas State Disbursement Unit
Po Box 659791
San Antonio, Texas 78265-9791

If you are unsure about where to send your payments, call Domestic Relations at (512) 854-9696.

Yes! you may make spousal support and fee payments by credit card. To make a payment by credit card you may go to:

The Travis County DRO Payments web site.

A convenience fee of $3.00 or 3% of the transaction, whichever is larger, will be added to your payment.

Child and medical support payments made to the SDU can be made through a variety of methods and you can access these methods on the:

Office of the Attorney General, Child Support web site

stopDomestic Relations cannot accept payments for:

  • Bonds for the release of persons in jail
  • Cases ordered to pay to the State Disbursement Unit in San Antonio
  • Attorney General child and medical support enforcement cases.

Call Domestic Relations at (512) 854-9696 and furnish the current employer's name, payroll address and phone number or submit the information on line. The Domestic Relations Office will then issue the income withholding order.

To verify payment, you can call (512) 854-9696 Domestic Relations' 24 hour automated telephone system or the SDU at (800) 252-8014. You will need your personal identification number (pin) and your social security number to access your account.

How do I obtain a copy of the payment record for my child support account?

You may call DRO (512) 854-9696, speak to an operator and request that a copy of your pay record be mailed or faxed to you
you may come to Domestic Relations at 1010 Lavaca and ask for a copy of your pay record.

Terminating Payments

You need to immediately contact the Domestic Relations Office, (512) 854-9696, to speak to your enforcement officer in order to provide your child’s emancipation information to him/her. Upon receipt of this information your enforcement officer will contact the payee, by telephone or mail, to verify that your child will be graduating from high school, has turned 18 years of age, etc. Since this process takes approximately 15 days please contact your enforcement officer AT LEAST 30 DAYS BEFORE your child’s graduation date or 18th birthday.

However, if your child support has not been paid in full (i.e. you are in arrears) your account will not be closed until all child support arrears and statutory interest have been paid in full.

Once we have verified the information regarding your child AND you have no child support arrearages, your Domestic Relations Office account will be closed. Also, if your child support is being withheld from your earnings the enforcement officer will contact your employer to stop further child support withholding.

Domestic Relations will start hot check collection efforts with the Travis County Attorney's Office for criminal charges. The payor can also be found in contempt of court for non-payment of child support

If the hot check is written to the SDU they will start hot check collection efforts.

For Travis County Domestic Relations Office Cases

To get a person released from jail, go to the Travis County Sheriff's Department Bonding Office located behind the Travis County Courthouse (1000 Guadalupe Street) in the Blackwell Thurman Criminal Justice Center at 509 W. 11th Street, first floor, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Sheriff's Department will only accept cash, cashier's checks, or money orders. Absolutely no personal or business checks, or surety bonds will be accepted.

Bond payments for the release of a person from jail in a child support action will not be accepted by credit card through this website. Any attempts to do so will result in the person remaining in jail.

For Texas Attorney General Office Cases

The Travis County Domestic Relations Office cannot accept payments for the release from jail, persons in custody on attorney general cases. If the person in jail is a Texas Attorney General's Office case you must contact the Texas Attorney General's Office at (800) 252-8014 for instructions on where to make the jail release payment. However, you can also pay at the Travis County Sheriff's Department Bonding Office as stated above 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.


logo tc seal
©  Travis County. All Rights Reserved.